A Little Bit About B&R
Over a 55-year span, B&R has built a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of enclosures. Everything we have learned in that time, we’ve poured into our products and relationships.
As an independent, Australian-owned business, B&R champions the virtues of quality, service and value. Combined with our unrivalled industry and application knowledge, we are in a unique position to meet the needs of our clients.
The company encompasses four divisions: B&R Industrial, B&R Data ICT, B&R Hazardous Areas and B&R Residential Commercial. Each division has a focus on unique needs of different market segments. Together these divisions share the strengths, resources and experience of the founding company to provide attentive customer service, innovative design and s uperior quality products at a competitive price.
Quality is assured with B&R’s certification to AS/NZS ISO9001:2000. We have also won the National Gold Award for Quality for a large business. B&R is also accredited by the Australian Stainless Steel Association as a superior producer of stainless steel products, working to industry best practice.
Our occupational health and safety management system is certified to AS/NZS 4801:2001.
At B&R we are justifiably proud of our products, and we strive to ensure that you have what you need, when you need them. We have a network of offices and distributors throughout Australia and a large distribution network internationally. Wherever you are, you will be able to buy B&R products nearby. If you need more information on the location of your closest reseller, call or contact us for directions.
Certification & Accreditations
B&R is certified and accredited to the following standards: –
- ISO 9001:2008. Quality system helps ensure consistent product and traceability.
- AS/NZS 4801:2001. OH&S system protects our work force from dangers of working with sheet metal.
- ASSDA accreditation – Ensures stainless steel products are manufactured to recommended standards
- Lloyds certification
- NATA tested products – independently tested IP ratings
- CE marked – suitable for European markets
Key dates in the history of B&R are as follows: –
- 1955 – B&R founded
- 1990 – Formation of Industrial Enclosures Division
- 1994 – Joint venture with Hager to form Hager B&R
- 2002 – Move to new premises in Brisbane to increase capacity
- 2005 – Formation of B&R Data Systems
- 2005 – Extension of Heathwood premises completed
- 2009 – Release of iLINQ, B&R’s bayable enclosure system solution
- 2009 – Formation of B&R Ex Systems
- 2013 – Rebranding of B&R, consolidating all divisions to offer a unified vision for the future
Brisbane plant – 18441m² with 2 automated, robotic punching and bending machines, robotic gasket application machinery and more.
Adelaide plant – 8300m² with automated punching and bending machine and more.