A Little Bit About B&Rhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ONqxtjtZ4
Over a 65-year span, B&R has built a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of enclosures. Everything we have learned in that time, we’ve poured into our products and relationships. As an independent, Australian-owned business, B&R champions the virtues of quality, service and value. Combined with our unrivalled industry and application knowledge, we are in a unique position to meet the needs of our clients. The company encompasses four divisions: B&R Industrial, B&R Data ICT, B&R Hazardous Areas and B&R Residential Commercial. Each division has a focus on unique needs of different market segments. Together these divisions share the strengths, resources and experience of the founding company to provide attentive customer service, innovative design and superior quality products at a competitive price. Quality is assured with B&R’s certification to AS/NZS ISO9001:2015. We have also won the National Gold Award for Quality for a large business. B&R is also accredited by the Australian Stainless Steel Association as a superior producer of stainless steel products, working to industry best practice. Our occupational health and safety management system is certified to ISO 45001:2018. At B&R we are justifiably proud of our products, and we strive to ensure that you have what you need, when you need them. We have a network of offices and distributors throughout Australia and a large distribution network internationally. Wherever you are, you will be able to buy B&R products nearby. If you need more information on the location of your closest reseller, call or contact us for directions.
Certification & AccreditationsB&R is certified and accredited to the following standards: –
- ISO 9001:2015. Quality: A system that helps ensure consistent product and traceability.
- ISO 45001:2018. OHS: To provide a safe system of work within a safe work environment for all our employees, subcontractors and visitors.
- ISO 14001:2015. Environmental Management system: A framework B&R has set up to provide effective environmental management to enhance the environmental performance of the company.
- IECEx certification on all relevant Hazardous Area products.
- ASSDA accreditation – Ensures stainless steel products are manufactured to recommended standards.
- Lloyds Register (Lic#06/10007).
- NATA tested products – independently tested IP ratings.
- CE marked – suitable for European markets.
- ASTA accreditation.
- IEC695-2-1 960º glow wire testing.
- UL94 testing.
- SIMTARS tested products.
HistoryKey dates in the history of B&R are as follows: –
- 1955 – B&R founded.
- 1990 – Formation of Industrial Enclosures Division.
- 1992 - ISO Quality accreditation maintained since 1992.
- 1994 – Joint venture with Hager to form Hager B&R.
- 2002 – Move to new premises in Brisbane to increase capacity.
- 2005 – Formation of B&R Data Systems.
- 2005 – Extension of Heathwood premises completed.
- 2009 – Release of iLINQ, B&R’s bayable enclosure system solution.
- 2009 – Formation of B&R Ex Systems.
- 2011 - Facility set up in Suzhou (China) to manufacture commodity product.
- 2013 – Rebranding of B&R, consolidating all divisions to offer a unified vision for the future.
- 2014 - NBN Co. Chairman's Award for Supplier Excellence and Innovation awarded to B&R Enclosures.
- 2015 - B&R celebrates 60 years of manufacturing.
- 2016 - B&R's range of security cabinets, Ausrack CQr, gains SCEC approval.
- 2017 - Explosion-proof (Ex D) enclosures achieve IECEx certification under B&R Ex Systems company name.
- 2017 - Joint venture B&R Gulf LLC and facility set up in Dammam (Saudi Arabia).
- 2017 - B&R Enclosures Sdn Bhd facility set up in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) to offer hazardous area products and electrical integration.
- 2017 - Major project in Mongolia which is joint supply opportunity between B&R in Australia and China facility.
- 2017 - Major project in Solomon Islands helping to power low income home owners throughout the community.
- 2018 - B&R Enclosures is approved as a supplier for Saudi Aramco.
- 2020- B&R Gulf LLC receives approval as a supplier for Saudi Aramco.